These raw vegan mushrooms were delicious! Try them with a large leafy salad.
Prepare the stuffing by blending the stems of the mushrooms, a handful of parsley leaves, about two tablespoons of soaked sesame seeds, two small cloves of garlic, two tablespoons of soaked raisins, two tablespoons of olive oil, a little vinegar, and sea salt.
Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, and enjoy!
Category: Active Hands Yoga, Active Hands Yoga, Try Vegan Challenge ⇔ Tags: eating vegan, recipe, try vegan challenge, vegan ⇔ No Comments
When I made my list of superstar vegan ingredients, I forgot another secret weapon in the vegan chef’s arsenal : coconut milk. Coconut milk just makes everything taste better, even if you don’t like the taste of coconut (like me!). Because it doesn’t taste particularly coconut-y, it’s actually quite versatile.
One of my favorite quick recipes is using coconut milk as well as garam masala or Thai curry paste as the base for a soup. I toss in whatever vegetables I have at hand, adding noodles and tofu if I have them around.
For today’s lunch I made one of these fusion soups.
onion, chopped up
garam masala* / Thai curry paste
3 small carrots, chopped
half a bell pepper, chopped
7 stalks of chard (my CSA won’t stop sending me these, so I’ve been featuring chard shows up in my recipes a lot), chopped
coconut milk and water
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot until it melts.
2. Add onions and garam masala* or a Thai curry paste.
3. When the onions have browned, add the carrots, bell pepper, chard, and noodles. I like whole-grain because you can boil them a bit more than white noodles, and they still retain their texture.
4. Add coconut milk and water to taste as well as salt and freshly ground pepper.
What I love about this recipe is that you can eat it hot or cold.
* Garam masala just means a mix of Indian spices. You can find these spices pre-mixed at your local Indian grocery.
Category: Active Hands Yoga, Active Hands Yoga, Try Vegan Challenge ⇔ Tags: coconut milk, easy, eating consciously, eating vegan, recipe, recipes, try vegan challenge, vegan ⇔ 1 Comment »