Like many other entrepreneurs, we yoga teachers get together to share business and life stories. When I met Erinbell Fanore, a fellow yoga teacher in Berlin teaching hatha and yin yoga, at one of these casual get-togethers, I was most impressed that she made her own yoga DVD on the sunny island of Malta. She talked about it like it was easy to pull off, so I had to ask how how she did it with such ease as one of my Yogis of the Month.
Even if you don’t want to make your own yoga DVD, listening to how simple and easy it is to tackle a big project once you break down into steps and ask for help is helpful for any project. You would imagine that producing a DVD would take months to do, right? But knowing that Erinbell produced hers in just two weeks completely changed my mindset of what’s possible. And expanding possibilities is always a good thing.
Listen to my interview* above with Erinbell (or download it!) to find out about:
- her introduction to yoga through…Cindy Crawford in the desert?!
- retraining your muscles through two somatics exercises she shares
- where to find out more about somatics (ok, here’s a link for you : Somatics: Reawakening The Mind’s Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health)
- how she produced her DVD on Malta
- how she makes yoga videos more than just instructional but also cinematic (see one below!)
If you want to produce your own yoga DVD in two weeks, here are your ACTION STEPS:
- Figure out your lesson plan and write it down into a script.
- Record the script with a live model.
- Find a wonderful location like Malta.
- Play the recording of the script and follow it.
- Edit the visuals to match the script voiceover.
- Put it on a DVD.
- Extras : get a cover designed.
- Now sell it at your classes, workshops, and online
* My sound quality is improving now that I’ve bought the Zoom H2 to use as a microphone, but I’m still learning how to work with it.
Photo & Video above from Erinbell Fanore
Category: Active Hands Yoga, Active Hands Yoga TV, Yogis Talk Radio Show ⇔ Tags: at home yoga, at home yoga practice, home practice, how to, howto, mp3, podcast, video, yoga teacher, yoga video, yogis ⇔ 1 Comment »